Specialties: Talent and Organizational Strategy
A proud Southern California native, Nichelle Toomire is a program and project management expert with a specialization in People and Organization Management. She helps organizations elevate their game by harnessing the value of their greatest asset — their employees.
Nichelle has more than twenty years of management consulting experience with Fortune 500 companies, government, and nonprofit organizations. She honed her program and project management skills during her eight years at IBM Consulting (formerly PwC Consulting) where she was an Organization & Change Strategy & Human Capital Management Practitioner.
In 2017, Nichelle was approached by FUSE Corps to become an Executive Fellow to LA County Department of Health Services (DHS), the 2nd largest health system in the U.S. In this capacity, Nichelle improved staffing practices through the design and implementation of technology tools. Her journey at DHS began with a listening tour of senior executives across multiple functions and county organizations and the design and facilitation of a benchmark study, then continued with a current state assessment and recommendations report, design and delivery of data-driven tools, and the related change management.
Nichelle seamlessly transitioned to her current permanent role in project management for DHS, serving in a strike team capacity, where she is deployed to manage strategic projects across the health system.
Most recently, Nichelle developed and implemented various project management tools to assist DHS senior leaders on the COVID Oversight Committee during their response to the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring the team had the tools necessary to protect DHS patients and employees. Nichelle is also involved in a multi- year, multi-phase software implementation project.
When Nichelle is not working, she gives her time to a local 501©3 and volunteers in her parish as the chair of the new parishioner welcome ministry and as a Eucharistic Minister.
Nichelle enjoys Mammoth summers and game nights with family and friends. She can often be found alongside her husband, on the sidelines, cheering for their son.
- Worked with several of the Fortune 500 Media & Entertainment, Financial Services, Health Care, and Consumer Goods clients on projects including, but not limited to, HR Transformation, Organization Redesign, Benchmark & Best Practice Studies, Technology Implementations, and Process Improvement.
- Recruited by one of her clients to become VP of HR Strategy where she helped implement their first ever enterprise HR mission, vision, strategy, and strategic initiatives.
- Started her own consulting firm where she spent 8 years involved in business development, managing various client relationships, and implementing a diverse project slate.
- MBA from the University of Southern California
- BA from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Process Improvement and Project Management Certifications from IBM